Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ice Chips: Hounds and Leafs



McNorn didn't bury the biscuit last Thursday, but we did manage to skate to a 2-2 draw. The Boozehounds are still alive.
I had a helper on the first goal and the wheels felt alright for somebody who hadn't played in a couple weeks.
I was all pumped for overtime when I noticed both teams were getting ready to
shake hands for a game well played.
Turns out that there is NO overtime in this round-robin style playoffs.
WTF!!!!?????
I love the tension and excitement of playing in an extra sudden death period.
I felt cheated.
Anyways, our next game is Friday and they count total 'goals for' to determine who marches on and who complains they got hosed by the refs that cost them the game.
Translation: Play balls out for 3 periods and pepper the goalie without remorse.
There is no way in hell I wanna look back at our season and think of what could have been. We have a good squad and I know we can win.
Leafs have 3 games left before the season is over..............I will do my best to watch them. It's like saying goodbye to an old friend that you know has a terminal illness and you won't ever see them again.
In this case, it's the 2009/2010 Toronto Maple Leafs.
You just hope that reincarnation will be one hell of a joy ride and not another dismal sequel.

My name is McNorn and I AM a LEAF fan!
See you at AA! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment