Tuesday, April 13, 2010



The Good, The Bad and the Ugly:

The Good:
-The Boozehounds won 5-3 against a team that played hard but "cheap" for 3 periods. McNorn was unable to bulge the twine, but did out-muscle the traffic in front of the net to help set up the first two goals of the game. Third round (this Thursday) he we come!!

-The Leafs put an enjoyable exclamation mark on their last goal of the season in overtime against the Habs. Thanks for the memories "Rosy Red Cheeks" Kaberle and enjoy your summer until you are traded in June.

-Alex Ovechkin scored 50 goals (again) and the Caps look poised to take a serious run at Lord Stanley's mug. Make no mistake, even though the Leafs are close to being a Special Olympics team.........they will always be my team. That being said..........the Caps are my "other" team and I want them to win it all.

-Matt Cooke got knocked the fuck out by rookie Evander Kane. I mean, he got dropped faster than a prom date with a chastity belt! He is pure cheap-shot artist and all round rat. Never fights the big boys but never has a problem fighting the lesser known smaller players when he isn't busy HIDING. I'm sure the image of him laying on the ice taking a "fist induced nap" made Marc Savard and the rest of the hockey world smile!! Hey Ratt Cooke, ever wonder who
Evander was named after.......think about it douche-bag!

The Bad:
- McNorn after being smeared along the boards while following the puck ("interference"), hooked across his stomach with authority ( ala Freddy Krueger...."hooking") and finally having my feet taken out from underneath me with the puck in the middle of the ice in front of the refs ("tripping") and there being ZERO penalties.....McNorn got EVEN!
With 2 minutes left in the game and the chippyness increasing, I chased down a puck to the side boards in our end with a teammate and opposing player. As I was arriving in 'coast mode' about a foot away from the enemy with the puck I said "Fuck It" and pasted him to the boards.
I arrived in ill humor and he paid the price.
Then I did..........I got the old "5 and a game" and was ejected.
Bullshit refs gave me a "body check major call".
Their interpretation was that it was also Boarding..........complete crap!!
Whatever, we won and the beer I brought was GOOD and ICE COLD!

The Ugly:
-Turns out they suspended me for the next game. I nailed the guy no doubt, but with little momentum at the boards. Since the wimp got up slow, they gave me a boarding penalty? I hit him on an angle and it wasn't from behind.But really, should I have expected those refs to get ANY call right? Stevie Wonder could have reffed a better game that night with his harmonica!!
I will appeal the suspension (in the ADULT SAFE HOCKEY LEAGUE) but the game time on Thursday is a deal breaker anyways...........I finish work 15 minutes after the puck will
have been already dropped.

We'll see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment